Bad Leadership Qualities
One of the strongest qualities, companies look at individuals, to possess at some stage, is the leadership qualities. A leader sets an example for others to follow. At the same time, a bad leader creates an impression, with others, not to follow him! Here are few factors, which could kill leadership qualities, in an individual.
- Lack of Transparency: One of the visible qualities of a bad leader is the lack of complete transparency in leading his team. This may lead to mistrust and ultimately, affect the performance of the team.
- Superiority Complex: One, who communicates well, should be a good listener too. Qualities of a bad leader include not giving due time the person, who is interacting with him and frequently intervenes and disrupts the conversation.
- Egoism: The most notable contributor to killing leadership qualities is Ego. Leadership calls for equality in management and not to make his subordinates feel, that he is the best of all and knows everything. Nobody is born perfect.
- Stiffness: Not being flexible in giving good working options reflects the quality of a bad leader. Employees need to be treated as a family member and not like servants.
- Conservative Approach: A conservative and reserved approach, on part of the leader, reflects a very poor leadership quality. This demotivates the team completely and affects performance.
- Misleading with false Propaganda: Engaging in negative gossip and creating a false propaganda, is one of the worst qualities, a leader can possess. Trust is immediately shattered and the team members risk the possibility of being isolated and embarrassed.
- Bad Strategies: Poor communication of business strategies and trying to give catastrophic pictures of what the actual matter of importance is, leads to poor leadership and intern disaster.
- Selfishness: Being selfish and self-centred is another quality which does not go well with a good leader. A bad leader tends to take all the credit to him, though his entire team would have been the reason behind a successful venture.
- Being Always Comfort: A bad leader, looks to his comfort zone and never stays down to earth. He is never forward thinking and tends to stagnate.
- Decision by Own: Though leadership qualities call for taking initiatives, this should not be mistaken to the right to take critical decisions involving finance and security on their own. Bad leaders do not think it appropriate to involve the concerned department or senior, with whom the relevant matter is to be discussed with and in the end, ruin the whole show.
The Importance of Leadership
- Why are leadership qualities really important? It is the leader, who actually is the face of any team.
- Leadership qualities, not only maximizes the efficiency of the person, holding the position, but also hugely impacts the mind-sets and performance of his team. A complete leader leads from the front and boosts the morale the entire team.
- The importance of leadership qualities is much displayed in the absence of the regular decision-making in charge, where the need for taking initiatives is more.
- An effective leader builds up the work environment, which is very essential, to get the best out of his team members and thereby, contributing to the growth of business and the organization, in general.
- But, there are certain qualities which might turn out to be bad leadership qualities, which might seriously affect both, the leader as well as the organization.
Bad leadership qualities not only damage an individual’s growth somewhere down the line it would lead companies to go beneath. Try to improve your good leadership skills with proper mentors. Here I dropped some leadership skills have to improve.
- Leadership skills, is one of the desired components, of analyzing a candidate’s suitability, for a particular job requirement.
- It is imperative that an individual graduates from being just an independent contributor, to leading a team, which is very important for his growth within the organization. One of the first skills, which are looked at in a leader, is communication skills.
- It is not just oral, but written communication skills, which are equally important. Self-awareness is another important factor, which builds strong leaders. A leader should be confident about himself and his own abilities, before trying to generate confidence within his team.
- As a leader, the team looks up to the concerned individual, to support them through all channels and when it is really required.
- As such, how much the individual, as a leader, is able to influence his top management or decision makers, with respect to his team’s expectations, is another strong skill.
Experienced Digital Marketing professional with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Landing Page Optimization, Adwords, Search Engine Marketing, HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Social Media Optimization (SMO). Now working with DeveloperOnRent a fast growing IT outsourcing Company