Cloud Based Applications and Legal Industries
The Significance of Cloud based application is well known all over the world now. Almost every major business activity, is switching over to the cloud platform. In simplest terms, cloud computing applications refer to providing computing services which include, server, storage, databases, intelligence and software development, with a view to ensure, an efficient and economically feasible, business activity.
- Cloud computing applications; have found acceptability across industries, mainly due to their flexibility and accessibility, from any place and at any point of time.
- From Healthcare to Hospitality, Cloud Application development continues to make a mark for itself.
- However this article throws more emphasis on how beneficial, cloud based application development has been, for the Legal Industries.
Cloud is about how you do computing. Not where you do computing! – Paul Maritz, CEO – VMware
The Phenomenon in Cloud Computing Applications
- Few of the prominent examples of cloud based application development are LinkedIn and Zomato, amongst a host of other examples to quote, like cloudon, dropbox, boomerang etc.
- The cloud based application development, allocates resources, based on demand quickly and then de-allocates it.
- One of the very big advantages, which users have with cloud based applications is that, they pay according to the usage of the application. In other words, cloud computing does not have a major upfront development cost.
- This Quality of service, offered by cloud application development, has motivated many industrial sectors and other key sectors, to migrate to the cloud platform. Amongst the various industries, who continue to gain, is the legal industry. How a cloud based application can be of use to Legal industries?! Read on to know more.
Cloud based applications – The Legal Angle
- As cloud application development services, are designed with a view to provide assistance with application development, migration from one platform to cloud or working on applications in order to ensure that they run effectively, on cloud platforms, Law based industries or simply Law firms, have also begun to see the benefits of adopting to cloud computing.
- With data security being of extreme importance to the Legal industries, Cloud application development, now gives them the confidence to store critical customer data, financial records, legal documents, and other information on the Internet, rather than store this data in servers located on their premises, more often, at a cost lesser than the cost attributed to internal data storage.
- Where cloud based application development has played a decisive role in the legal fraternity, is that now solo and even small sized law firms, can have increased access to legal services and can be competitive.
- Due to high development costs, solo and small law firms, were unable to compete with large scale legal industries.
- This has been simplified to a large extent now, with solo and small law firms, choosing a group of software vendors, known as SaaS (Software as a Service) vendors, wherein they can subscribe for complicated software solutions, which are delivered online, through a web browser, at a very affordable price. All this, made possible by cloud based application development.
- This facility enables small sized law firms and solo law firms to be more productive, by increasing their profit margins at a low cost.
- With Internet extending its control over the way businesses across the world happen, nowadays, most of the clients seeking legal services, would prefer to go the online way. Cloud application development has shown the way for that where, legal experts solo, can store complex legal data online and correspond with more authenticity with their clients;thereby further strengthening their business relationships.
- Cloud based application development helps legal advisors to enhance client communication and customer service through quick communication and faster response.
- Additionally, cloud application development also gives the legal officers to have a structured and organized look at their data, making correspondence, much quicker and faster.
Revisit and Recap
What is Cloud based application development all about?
Cloud based development is all about providing computing services which include, server, storage, databases, intelligence and software development, with a view to ensure, an efficient and economically feasible, business activity.
How does Cloud based application development benefit Legal officers?
Cloud based applications ensure a structured and organized availability of data to the legal officers, which enable them to concentrate more of client interaction than document attention.
How does cloud based application help in business promotion for the legal industry?
Cloud based application development helps legal advisors to enhance client communication and customer service through quick communication and faster response.
Does cloud application development contribute to data security?
Yes, any application developed over the cloud platform, helps the users, by storing all critical data, on offsite locations, in secure storage sites, thereby enhancing data security.