Today’s digital world has created a phenomenal change in the way people have started to purchase even day to day basic requirements. Thanks mainly to online shopping which has become a global hit and rage. Customers and Retailers have adopted the online shopping and selling methodology to perfection. This has no doubt led to the emergence of a number of E-commerce apps. With smartphones having all but taken over a user preference completely with respect to the earlier desktops or laptops, there has been an increasing need to develop a mobile App, especially in the E-Commerce sector.
However, the success of any mobile app largely depends on how effectively it has been built and what key features does it bring along with it. E-Commerce mobile apps no doubt have a much wider audience reach as the whole world is going the mobile way. But there are certain key aspects which are associated with professional mobile app development, which every developer would benefit, before designing that important E-commerce Mobile App to boost your company’s profits.
How to develop a mobile App for E-Commerce
For many reasons, an E-commerce mobile app could just be the best way to scale up your business and target the right audience globally. The matter of fact that you can do this without having to travel places is a big advantage. Off late, Businesses around the world are consistently adopting the idea of having a mobile app up their sleeves, especially those who are into Retail on a considerable extent. Commonly quoted examples of reference for any Startup, venturing to have its own E-commerce mobile app, are Amazon, E-Bay and Snap deal.
Read more: Do you want to build Mobile and Web app for your ecommerce business to grow then hire dedicated WordPress developers and hire mobile app developers who have expertise to build ecommerce website and mobile apps.
However, these online business giants haven’t had it easy either. There has been a tremendous competition amongst themselves and each one of them have been able to come out and breathe fresh, due to their own technical competence and ability to meet challenges. Now then, for a Startup, getting to prove your credentials, as an E-commerce portal of repute, these tips will be of good help and serve as an able guide.
- Begin with a well-structured User Interface: Thinking from a user’s perspective, his first impressions of an E-commerce app usually revolve around, neither the brand value of the app nor the product range supported. He also is not worried about whether the app provides any price discounts. It is the very design of the UI which creates that first impression in the user’s mind and motivate him to move forward. The UI design can focus more on how users can be welcomed into the app and guided forward through all the available categories. As such, every button, menu and content is extremely important. Good UI design can be a real winner by motivating users to explore the app more in depth and ultimately, to make purchases on it. (Read More: Do you want to get attractive UI Design then hire dedicated UI/UX designers who have expertise in UI and UX Design).
- Easy Navigation through the App: The ease of moving through the E-Commerce App is very important. Compared to a website, a mobile app has space constraints and hence the design should focus more on how solid and brief, it can be. To achieve this, it would be good to limit your E-Commerce menu to only the most important categories and sub categories to be displayed. Items appearing under each category or sub category can be named as a single word for e.g. say a shirt, or a trouser or a blazer.
- A simplified login and logout process: How easily can users access your app determines the success of your app. Hence, even the first few steps of logging or signing in and log out or sign out, assume significant importance. Additionally, the speed with a user can complete these formalities, also assumes critical importance. Hence, to achieve an excellent user experience, instead of requesting the user to enter his entire personal detail as a part of the login or sign in process, social media login such as through Facebook or Gmail could be facilitated. This can save the user’s time to a considerable extent and keep him excited about the steps to follow.
- Support multiple payment options: This is extremely important. Any E-commerce portal is judged by the users, based on how flexible, the payment options are. In other words, does your portal accept credit cards, debit cards, net banking, e-wallets and other proven sources of payment? A versatile E-Commerce mobile app should work to the customer’s comfort, as every customer would prefer a different payment option. Hence making all the options available will be a great step forward for your E-commerce website.
- Quick Loading Process: What users prefer is a quick transaction. This can happen only if the pages on the mobile app load as quickly as possible, without making the user wait for long and change his plans. Image Loading and transiting within pages should not take more than 4-5 seconds. Else there could be every possibility for the user to explore alternative options due to slow mobile apps.
- Adding a progress bar: Your cart may require users to undergo multiple processes before they pay for their purchases. A progress bar to indicate how many more processes are still to be completed before the payment stage is reached, might just keep the user interested in the transaction. This will prevent users from signing out half-way through the purchase due to lengthy formalities to be completed.
- Include an “ Add to Favorite” option in your E-Commerce App: There is every possibility that a customer would like to take a look at a variety of choices before deciding on a particular product which he wants to buy. In such a case, an “Add to Favorites” option will be an extremely useful facility. Once the customers are done with selecting the choices and putting them under “Add to favorites”, they can then comfortably select the product suiting them the best.
- Include Google Analytics in your Mobile App: The most critical part as always is the customer feedback part. It is important to know how customers have accepted your mobile app. Google Analytics can help you out in finding out what features of your app did people like a lot and where is lies the room for further improvements. Google Analytics analyses the feedback with real time data thereby enabling you to improve upon the areas required.
- Innovative use of Smartphone abilities: Every one of us is now aware of what Smartphone are capable of. With a number of sensors, gestures and wireless connectivity at their disposal, creative developers would very well like to make the best use of them. Apps can use them all. Developers can come out with the most attractive and user-friendly design with the help of all the inbuilt features of a smartphone and deliver the ultimate user experience. (Read more: Hire dedicated front end developers to build responsive website and mobile apps )
- Build a safe and secure app: With E-commerce apps becoming increasingly popular, there is an increased threat from hackers and attackers. A poorly secured app can easily be breached to get the personal information and financial data of users. A high level data security will be very helpful in addition to encrypting the transaction with the best possible security features.
E-commerce websites are the talk of the town. With online business transaction set to scale greater heights by the end of every passing day, these tips will help you to get your app developed in a comprehensive and complete way. Hire qualified E-Commerce Developers to develop an app that will make a real difference in your E-Commerce business venture.
Experienced Digital Marketing professional with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Landing Page Optimization, Adwords, Search Engine Marketing, HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Social Media Optimization (SMO). Now working with DeveloperOnRent a fast growing IT outsourcing Company