In the last few years, there has been a surge of mobile apps and they appear to be revamping several aspects of our personal and professional lives. From messaging apps to the apps, for booking movies, shopping, or ordering food, apps are making lives easier every day and are generating huge revenues in doing so. According to Statists, mobile apps are estimated to generate approximately USD 188.9 billion in 2020. The year 2018 has been a happening year for the mobile apps market. Based on the latest improvements and ongoing trends, what are latest mobile app development trends lets look forward to witnessing in 2019?
Mobile App Development Trends
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT):IoT has been wrath in recent years and is growing further rapidly. Businesses across the world have started to control the power of interconnected devices. The latest developments in the IoT space have enabled us to control a variety of devices using a smartphone. Smart devices connected through sensors and software within a network endlessly exchange data and serve a wide range of purposes.The application of IoT in mobile app development is going to be significant in the coming year. It will make way for more sophisticated mobile apps which will speed up operations, reduce expenses and enhance cybersecurity.
- AUGMENTED AND VIRTUAL REALITIES: AR and VR are innovative technologies that deliver a more realistic experience to the users. The use of AR/VR is quite common in gaming. And marketers, in particular, have been using this technology to promote their campaigns and reaching out their customers in a more effective manner through mobile apps.
In the upcoming year, more businesses will be seen including AR/VR technology to engage with their customers better and advance the buying process. Nowadays the focus on social media campaigns increases, mobile apps will be developed with elements of augmented and virtual realities so that they’re more interactive.
- CHATBOTS APPLICATION: Chatbots have established to design a more effective self-service framework which affords the users or customer with personalized responses to their queries in real-time. Primarily, bots were largely used in messaging apps like Facebook, Skype etc. However, improvements in AI have made it easy for organizations to integrate chatbots into their native mobile apps.Chatbots can significantly advance the functionality of mobile apps; they have proven this in the last few years. Their conversational interface enhances user engagement and drives app adoption across the organization. One of the biggest benefits of chatbot application in mobile apps is that with each user interaction, the app will only become more accurate in delivering results. And many other benefits the chatbots can bring in to mobile apps will be a catalyst for chatbot application in mobile app development in 2019.
- ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND MACHINE LEARNING: AI has been and will persist to be a dominant technology trend for quite some time to come. Even after having been there for quite some time, AI still has several aspects to be explored so that businesses can realize its numerous benefits.Recently, the AI implementation has started to combine with machine learning applications. It has shown highly exciting results in analyzing massive amounts of organizational data and equipping the management with valuable actionable insights.AI and machine learning can help in developing smarter mobile apps that can find the reasoning behind information and deliver a more personalized experience to the users, thus increasing user acceptance. We can look forward to considering AI and machine learning redefining the mobile app development process in the year to follow.
- THE EMERGENCE OF INSTANT APPS: User convenience is a key verifying factor in the success of the mobile app. Instant apps do that. After Google first introduced them in the year 2016, they started to become more popular over time.In essential terms, instant apps are native mobile apps that you don’t require to download and install on your phone. They are slighter in size when compared to regular apps and provide the basic functionalities of a website. So, they deliver a better user experience while still not consuming your phone’s memory. These are not only are instant apps easy to use but they’re also easy to share with friends.
- WEARABLES: It’s not long from now when wearable will turn out to be a must-have accessory. Over the last few years, there has been a significant rise in sales of wearable devices. More people are focusing on personal health management, and wearables help them to track their progress by keeping informing them on vitals as calories burnt, heart rate, blood pressure etc. These devices also help them to follow a healthy lifestyle with sleep pattern information and water intake reminder.
There is a rising awareness among people pertaining to lifestyle and personal health. Since these devices require an app to function, there will be a considerable rise in the number of healthcare apps in 2019, especially as wearable technology becomes more cost-effective and affordable
- MOVING FROM CASH PAYMENT TO MOBILE PAYMENT: Gradually, the way consumers are shopping and making payments is changing. Earlier, the mode of payment switched from cash to cards and not the trend is moving towards mobile payments like Paytm and Google Pay. According to Research AndMarkets, the mobile wallet market in India alone is expected to be USD 7 billion by 2023.These apps help your smartphones assume yet another important role. Considering the ongoing progress in the adoption of mobile commerce and consumer preference form-wallets, there will be more mobile payment apps seen joining the bandwagon in the next year. Apple Pay is expected to be one of them
- BLOCKCHAIN TECHNOLOGY: Blockchain is one of the largest technological disruptions. It has brought forth an extraordinary level of security and transparency in all types of digital transactions. Once familiarly known by Bitcoin, blockchain got soon adopted in the financial services industry and supply chain applications. Not only does this decentralized bigger keep a record of every transaction, but it also makes the records free of breaches.Businesses across industries such as retail, financial services, and healthcare, in particular, are looking forward to leveraging blockchain in building their mobile apps. It is certainly going to be one of the top trends to watch in 2019.
CONCLUSION: Mobile apps are addressing some long-prevailing concerns and have been helpful to better quite a lot of aspects of our lives. The above trends are the proof for how much traction is being generated in the area of mobile app development. These developments confirm promise in solving some grave challenges and enabling efficiency in workflows. It’ll be exciting to see how these trends open out to impact everyday mobile apps.
DeveloperOnRent is a leading mobile app development company with a focus on leveraging latest technologies to help enterprises transform digitally and meet customer expectations, you can hire mobile app developers in a monthly basis. If you have other questions on mobile app development or need to learn more about these trends, please feel free to contact us today
Experienced Digital Marketing professional with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Landing Page Optimization, Adwords, Search Engine Marketing, HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Social Media Optimization (SMO). Now working with DeveloperOnRent a fast growing IT outsourcing Company