How effectively turn your mobile app ideas into Reality
Thankfully we are living in an era witnessing a democratization of ideas. The advent of various technologies and innovations such as social media, crowd funding, the sharing economy, means that nothing is off limits and your ideas can be turned into profitable ventures, and even mobile apps. So, there are more opportunities now, than any other point in time. If you have been there with your app idea but not close enough to turn it into a reality, below are the steps to get started and turn your Mobile app ideas into reality and earn money.
- If you have Mobile app ideas, write it down first: If you have a mobile app ideas but you don’t write it down, the idea may vanish forever. With every single thing that we store going digital right from important reminders and notes in our smartphone, to reminders and notifications in Microsoft Outlook, it isn’t necessary anymore to carry a notebook or make daily lists of things you want to accomplish. Whatever situation you are in or wherever you are, whenever you have an idea in mind that you really want to turn you mobile app ideas into an app, just jot down your thoughts on Google Docs, if a notebook is not handy. One of those ideas might become the next big app.
- Pick a winning and unique mobile app idea It seems like some people make it big and make millions overnight while others do not. What do the genius minds do to achieve this? Well it doesn’t take a genius mind to come up with the next popular mobile app. Once you have listed the ideas, we are sure there is that one idea that is always lingering in your mind and you want to pursue it every time you look at your list. Pick the idea that sounds like the best option for your app. Have faith on your gut instinct and you never know it might save you.
Read more: Mobile App ideas for Startups
- Do a market research for your mobile app idea: Somewhere between scribbling your idea on a piece of paper and planning your app, there comes market research, which essentially determines either your success or failure in the app marketplace. Begin your research and figure out your buyer personalities and then figure out if your idea would actually make a difference in the lives of a specific audience. It’s the need which creates demand. Check out your competitors and see if you your app has enough appealing features to compete with them. Always do good research before spending valuable dollars on unfocused or miss-targeted activities.
- Find out who the audience for your mobile app is and what they expect: The accurate identification of your potential customers will surely go a long way. If you want consumers to take it upon themselves to download your app firstly it is good to know what your audience wants, what features would please them or make a difference to their digital lifestyle, and figure out what else needs to be fixed in the app that you are developing. Because of the lack of face-to-face sales opportunities, the whole concept will still rely on who your audience or customers are.
- Give your app a stellar name: This is the time to give your app a stellar new name that is easily recognizable and interesting to capture the attention of your potential audience. In the app universe where there are three million apps to choose from, picking the right name can make all the difference. You can even consult with professional developers to help brand your app.
- Prepare a wire frame; document the details and user flow: Now is the time to document your mobile application requirements and freeze the details, or if you want to go the extra mile, use a wireframing tool. Build a user flow, and paint a clear picture of where screens and actions within an app will take users next, plan the user journey and experience, how the users will navigate the app as well as envision the features that will make it stand out. This will not just help your developer to clearly understand your expectations but you are ready with clearer goals.
Read more: Which is the best Designing tool in 2019
- Hire the right team of Mobile App Developers to develop your app: While most companies have the in-house developers to develop their apps, many people outsource to professional companies. Hire a mobile app development company which has a great design and a talent pool of mobile app developers who act as leaders. While hiring a mobile app developer do check their credibility and the apps that they have created. If you really liked a developer’s past portfolio, the apps he has developed in the past the chances are, they could be the right one for your product. It is really best to get great support from experienced developers. Once developed, it is time to test your app to your potential users and show them how it works and based on their experience, make the final changes based on client feedback ensuring compatibility with mobile devices.
- Start marketing your mobile app to targeted groups: When you’re targeting smartphone dependent users who are using a mobile app, QR codes are the best way to advertise. You can add them to your website, business card, brochures, and mailings to promote the app and have the chance to get the potential customers who want to try your app. Look at social media marketing as well to see to promote your app. Whether you use your website or social media to spread the word about your app, it is important that you explain your customers exactly what they get when they download your app. Google offers mobile ads to effectively target users while they are searching on their mobile devices.
If you have ideas on mind, but technicalities and lack of talented resources, are getting in the way of your progress, get in touch with Developer on Rent who strives to nurture your idea right from the start to the development stage. Developer On Rent is a unique rent based model, a one stop platform which allows you to work with the best Pro-level developers, programmers and testers who are just the perfect fit for your project requirements. With a growing number of tools available to developers — languages, frameworks, BaaS, etc, the mobile industry has matured. But does it make any easier to attain mobile app success? Well, it is harder than ever, as below statistics illustrate. (Data source – https://cantina.co)
• 84% of a user’s time is spent in just 5 apps
• 25% of apps are used only once after they’ve been downloaded
• 25% of apps have 100,000+ downloads
• 5% of apps have 1 million+ downloads
The question that we are wondering is if apps are easier than ever to develop, why do they so rarely succeed and what is the primary driving force in mobile app success? Though there is not one single answer to this question. One of the common pitfalls we see is communication. For instance, building apps across both Android and iOS can be complex, as you are maintaining multiple code-bases and it’s twice the effort as compared to developing the app on a single platform. If you have a team which maintains strong communication and collaboration essential to keep the projects in sync, you’ve won half the battle.
DeveloperOnRent is a platform which gives you the freedom to work in collaboration with developers who know exactly what you need. You not only experience virtual collaboration but real-time face to face interactions with the developers. We believe that transparency in work culture, strong communication and collaboration is the key to good work and so we are also open to work in the client’s premises.
At DOR, you work with pre-vetted talent who has expertise in a range of tech stack. We are not just developers who design an app for the heck of it but our team largely consists of strategists whom you can look up to for making better decisions and to start your own app journey with a bang. So at the end of the day, you are never alone.
We know that you are busy proceeding with developing your plan, researching the marketplace, and assembling a team. Once you have shared your requirements with us, you can rely on our self organized team of experts and can leave everything upon us.
Below are a few good app ideas which we would love to share with you.
An App which enables you to avail daily services
The on-demand phenomenon is catching on in India. Right from grocery shopping and cab services to salons and spa, every daily service is accessible on-the-go. A mobile app that enables you to avail different niche services in the hyperlocal space all under one platform can readily capture the interest of billions of app users and the idea could be a promising app idea with more-than-average number of downloads.
An App which helps managing finance
If you typically spend more on expenses than the cash in your wallets and purses, it’s time to consider your strategy and balance your budget. Balancing your budget can help you stay on track financially and save you from stress when it comes to money. But if all you have is a messy folder of receipts and bills, balancing the budget can be a challenging task. An app which helps managing finance can come in handy. The app can plan everything from investing to personalized budgets to custom savings plans.
An App which can automate marketing for your products
Though marketing automation sounds complex, it is nothing but using the right app or software to get your recurring marketing tasks done. Such apps can help you save time allowing you to spend time where it matters most and become more efficient. With marketing methods shifting from conventional to digital, one can easily rely on such apps to automate almost any marketing process within your marketing budget.
So start compiling a list of new mobile app ideas and we can help you make it a big one.
Extensive years of experience in IT Application, Mobility, Big Data, Software Development working with biggest names such as PwC, BT, Infosys etc..
Build and lead teams across the globe and technology is always the passion.
Doing away with the hassles of analyzing the needs of developers, time invested to reach them, the hours taken to market the product, ensuring adequate expertise by the developer hired in relation to the product and also the added cost incurred in managing the human resource; DeveloperOnRent formed a renting model where you can hire a developer with a single click for the time you need, having complete flexibility, ownership and accountability.