The chart also shows that both the demand and the supply of Angular developers are higher than for any other framework. So let’s take a deep dive into why Angular is so popular and how to hire talented Angular developers for your next project.
Exactly What Angular Is?
Also, it is used for building mobile and desktop applications. For example, Ionic, a powerful platform for building cross-platform mobile apps, is made out on top of Angular.
The Angular team at Google has launched a plethora of versions of the framework since 2009. AngularJS is the first version, which was designed for building dynamic single-page applications. Typically, the term “Angular” is applied to Angular 2 and all the following releases.
Several famous web applications, including PayPal, JetBlue, Upwork, Netflix, Crunch base, freelancer, Google Express, and others, are built with Angular. With various products built with Angular and sturdy support from Google, it is obvious that the framework’s popularity will not reduce. According to Stack Overflow’s Developer Survey 2018, Angular is the second most generally used front-end framework between developers.
Source: Stack Overflow
Benefits of the Angular Framework
Of course, there are reasons behind the enormous popularity of the Angular framework. So which benefits does the framework for development teams?
- Community: The Angular framework is tremendously popular among developers and has a big community. You can find a lot of Angular communities on the web (Stack Overflow, Gitter, LinkedIn groups, Slack channels, etc.) and Angular conferences happening worldwide. This helps knowledge sharing and the development of the framework.
- Cross-platform: You can use Angular for building various applications such as web, native, and mobile apps. Moreover, Angular let’s creating progressive web apps—web applications that load like web pages but provide additional functionality that is typically offered only by native mobile applications.
- Easy testing. The modular system also makes testing easier, since separate components are simpler to test. Additionally, there are diverse Angular testing technologies. For example, Protractor is effective for end-to-end testing, and Karma is good for unit testing.
- Stability: Every version of the framework, starting from Angular 2, is backward well-matched. This means you can upgrade your project to a new Angular version with no changing the codebase. In addition, Angular is powered by Google, which adds more to the constancy of the framework.
- Modularity: An Angular application is structured in modules. This means the code consists of separate modules responsible for diverse functions. You can use the modules from a standard Angular package, write your own, or integrate the ready-made components created by the Angular community. Also, this structure lets “lazy loading,” which loads only the required features and optimizes the application.
- Code consistency: The component-based environment of Angular applications keeps the codebase structured and easier to maintain. The components are highly reusable and much more readable for developers who are not familiar with the code.
How to Hire Angular Developers
First of all, when hiring Angular developers, you have to communicate your idea correctly so your potential employees understand what you want from them. They should perceive your vision and the challenges they may face working on your project.
Also, you have to make it clear if there is a place for initiative and engender new and creative solutions. If you have specific requirements about what has to be done, then you should let your potential team members know and check whether your candidates will be able to meet them.
However, if you are open to some new ideas from the tech specialist, then your potential employees must be aware of it. It often happens that angular developers are eager to suggest new solutions rather than just perform the tasks given.
When looking for a clever Angular developer, it is essential to check their resume, portfolio, and references from clients and previous employers. Of course, the developer’s experience is crucial as working on similar or bigger projects will help get better the quality of your product. The technical requirements depend on the difficulty of tasks and the specialized level of your Angular engineers (more demanding of the senior than the junior ones).
What to Look for in an Angular Developer
- Good communication skills: You need your Angular developers to be able to explain what is going on to be sure you are on the same page. If you hire an Angular engineering team, you can have a project manager or a delivery manager on their side for effective collaboration. The role of a delivery manager is to drive the working process, ask the right questions, and get the right answers.
- Attention to detail: Your developers should be enormously attentive to details so as to write high-quality code and be able to immediately identify the mistakes.
- Knowledge of adjacent technologies such as Node and Web pack: These technologies enhance the framework, making the development process easier and more effective. If you are looking for middle+ engineers, you should include them in your requirements.
- Deep knowledge of the Angular framework: It goes without saying that your Angular developer has to be the expert of this framework. As the framework is regularly updated and new versions are released, it is significant to keep up the knowledge and skills.
- Excellent knowledge of web markup, HTML, and CSS: A developer knowledgeable in web markup will have a solid perceptive of the positioning of the elements, UX concepts, and elements interaction. Such knowledge is very important for delivering a high-quality project.
- Experience with RESTful API integration: A RESTful API uses HTTP requests to GET, PUT, POST, and DELETE data. To be able to read the API documentation and use it well, a developer wants to be experienced in REST APIs.
Experienced Digital Marketing professional with a demonstrated history of working in the information technology and services industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Landing Page Optimization, Adwords, Search Engine Marketing, HTML, CSS, WordPress, and Social Media Optimization (SMO). Now working with DeveloperOnRent a fast growing IT outsourcing Company